Roaming around on the internet, I came across the website of a festival (read competition) being organized by “Symbiosis Centre for Information Technology”. Here are all the reasons why I loved the website soooooo much: (the website is located here)
- The banner on the top of every page is just great. It says, “Techie Kaun”, but there really is nothing like tech in either the style used, nor in the cheesy colours behind the text. To add to it, the font just won’t let me decide if its a K or an H! But what I loved the most is the wacky logo on the left side of the banner. What does it say? Manual labour?! I also loved the goofy question marks that have been deemed to be a part of the event’s name.
- The home page starts off with a pompous: TechieKaun will be another year older … joined hands with the environment … adopted Green [something that looks like an oak beside a pedastal] … invites you to participate … new chaper int the journey. Notice something wrong? The whole time, you don’t know if its an art festival, a programming contest, a mangagement fest or what! Of course, I had to check out all the events to know the devil’s “true nature”.
- It’s actually hosted on IIS! It has been ages since I have seen any decent website hosted on a Microsoft server. I wonder how much they are paying for that piece-of-crap software, all the time getting low grade performance. Yea, you guessed right: I’m a sworn ubuntu user, and I avoid Microsoft software.
- It is completely php. No, seriously. PHP has been used to display static pages like contact us and about us, but for some reason they chose to use plain HTML to show a map, which again could well have been just an image. Curious!
- I like the way I can’t know what their shcedule is, and also the way the schedule is an Excel file (again Microsoft… I’m sure they’re in love with MS).
- The one thing I don’t mind is that the back ground colour is the purest black. No one bothers if my eyes get hurt reading this site.
I’m sure I will feel bad later about writing such spiteful articles. Too bad it the feeling won’t last.
What else did you like about this website??