This article is for you if:
- You face a “class not registered” error when trying to run TwoFingerScroll (or SynGestures)
- You have a Synaptics touchpad on your laptop
According to Internet Opinion®, this happens on 64 bit Windows systems.
There’s a really simple fix – just four steps:
- Ensure you’ve installed the Synaptics touchpad driver. If not, get it from Synaptics’ website.
- Open a command line with administrative privileges (for Windows 7 and older, or Windows 8)
- Run this command, and ensure it succeeds (you should see a success message):
- Run this command, and make sure this succeeds too:
The reason why the “class not registered” error occurs is that your Synaptic driver DLL files are not registered with windows. These drivers contain the class that TwoFingerScroll tries to find, but it fails since the driver is not registered.
These two simple commands fix the issue. Thanks to this page for helping me out with this issue!